Thursday, April 8, 2010

Favorite Colors for Spring II

Now for Part II of some favorite colors for Spring! I recently had the wonderful opportunity to create a cake topper...a beautiful little green ceramic vase filled with sugarpaste flowers. More green and white, but with the addition of a gorgeous shade of purple! Here is a photo of some of the work in progress...some little buds needing color:



And a table full of flowers, petals and leaves:



The finished arrangement in the ceramic vase:



Close-up of flower detail:



And presented on a set of stacked Styrofoam squares to review proportions for the final cake design - it needs another large tier at the bottom to balance the size of the vase, don't you think?



Thanks for stopping by!

Copyright © 2010 by Jacqueline Butler of Petalsweet Cakes. Content of this blog (including text, photographs and layout) is the property of Jacqueline Butler - please respect copyright laws. If you want to link to my blog, please contact me - it would be great to have the opportunity to connect with you. Thank you!
Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Michael McCafferty said...

I am in awe of your artistic genius!

Lisa said...

I am too. (in awe of your artistic genius) lol

kellypea said...

My goodness your work is beautiful! It always amazes me that as much as I have been working on my own food-oriented blog for several years now, I continue to learn about others locally I've yet to know. I don't make very many cakes, but am intrigued by your work. It's amazing.

Jedric said...

WOW...how did you or what did you do to get those even sections on the buds?

Tudor Elena Cristina.... said...

SUUUPEEEEERB !!!! KISSSSSS