Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sugarpaste Flower Topper Class at Custom Cakes: (September 12 - 14, 2010)

I'm so excited to announce that I will be teaching a 3-day class at Minette Rushing's Custom Cakes in Savannah, Georgia!

Dates: September 12th - 14th (Sunday through Tuesday)

Topic: Sugarpaste Flower Cake Topper

We will be creating a sugarpaste flower bouquet cake topper. Flowers will include a large, open peony, hydrangea and filler flowers, with corresponding buds and leaves. The first part of the class we will be making the focal flower (peony), and many hydrangea, filler flowers, buds and leaves. Once we have made all of the flowers, the emphasis of the remainder of the class will be dusting and coloring them - and then arranging all of your pieces to create a bouquet topper.

Here is an example of the project students will be working on in class:



I'm so thrilled to have the opportunity to teach at Minette's shop - she is such a wonderful and gracious host, and Savannah is a beautiful city!

For more information, please visit Minette's Sugar Seminars site!

Hope to see you there! I can't wait!

Copyright © 2010 by Jacqueline Butler of Petalsweet Cakes. Content of this blog (including text, photographs and layout) is the property of Jacqueline Butler. Please feel free to use the ideas and concepts discussed on this blog, but please do not claim any of it as your own work. Thank you!
Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

Pink Little Cake said...

Oh, too bad you are so far away. I love your work and I would love to take a class with you.

Helena said...

That's exciting news.. Please let us know when you're coming to Melbourne!!!

Unknown said...

I would luv to attend the class but you're so farrrr, iam in Kuala Lumpur, i hope one day you will do your class here.

Art and Appetite said...

I would love to attend! Too bad it's far. I'll just wait for the class in San Diego. You are awesome!

faithy said...

Wish i am in US so i can attend. :(

sokeleng said...

Wow very stunning. Can I ask you a quick question?

I just bought a (www.bakingfrenzy.com/3-butterfly-plunger-cutter-p-504.html) butterfly plunger. How to gave my butterfly a detailed, realistic look even before airbrushing a final pearl coating.