Friday, November 19, 2010

Sugar Ranunculus Flowers by Petalsweet

Just when I think I have arranged enough colorful sugar flowers against a dark chocolate background, a new idea pops into my head, and I just have to make it happen!

One of my new favorite sugar flowers is the ranunculus. I used quite a few of them in a large bouquet and topper this past summer, and have had many requests from students wanting to learn how to make them! They are not difficult to create, but just a bit time consuming with all of their many rows of petals. The ranunculus flower is so unique, though...delicate and pretty, but very modern and sophisticated at the same time.

I just love using them mixed with other flowers:



And the complete design:



Thanks so much for stopping by!

Copyright © 2010 by Jacqueline Butler of Petalsweet Cakes. Content of this blog (including text, photographs and layout) is the property of Jacqueline Butler - please respect copyright laws. If you want to link to my blog, or post any of my photos, please contact me - it would be great to have the opportunity to connect with you. Thank you!
Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Jenniffer said...

These flowers are SO beautiful and this cake is very striking! Your cakes are fantastic!!

Elins Cards and other handscrafts said...

I love your ranunculus Jacqueline. They are different and really nice. Have a nice day ;o)
Elin

SweetThingsTO said...

Beautiful as always.

Maddy said...

Wow, beautiful combination. I love your creations!