Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sugar Peonies on Pale Yellow

I definitely find myself drawn to colors that go well with green. And I'm pretty sure green is my new favorite color! When I was growing up, I loved everything blue...and couldn't get enough of it. Now when I see ANY other color, I wonder how it might blend with different shades of green...it must have something to do with my love for anything floral!

Here is a three tier design in a pretty, pale yellow. And as usual, decorated with sugar flowers including a grand peony on the top tier, and a small peony bud on the lower tier. Both are surrounded by little white filler flowers, tiny yellow buds, leaves, and a sprinkling of green hydrangea to make it look fresh!

The arrangement on the top tier:



And the finished design:



Thank you for stopping by!

Copyright © 2010 by Jacqueline Butler of Petalsweet Cakes. Content of this blog (including text, photographs and layout) is the property of Jacqueline Butler - please respect copyright laws. If you want to link to my blog, or post any of my photos, please contact me - it would be great to have the opportunity to connect with you. Thank you!
Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

A Cake To Remember LLC said...

Green is my favorite too! Always has been...Your flowers are gorgeous. Do you use a veiner for your peony petals or just leave them smooth? They look really smooth and porcelain-like, they're beautiful.

Danielle said...

Sooo lovely. I want to learn peonies! I haven't really done sugar flowers yet!

Marti said...

Jackie ! Just saw your pale yellow cake with you perfect flowers!!! I love it, soft, gentle, lovely.

Luciene masironi said...

I love your Peonies, Always I read your blog,and try to learn on my own to make your flowers.
I hope have class with you one day.

Do you make the stamens ?how many do you use to make one peone?
Hugs
Luciene Masironi
http://lucienemasironi.blogspot.com/

Jacqueline Butler said...

Hi Luciene...thank you for your lovely comment! I do not make the stamens...I purchase them online. For my oversized peonies, I usually use a full bunch of them (1 packet) to make the center...if I am making a smaller flower, then I use 1/2 bunch. Hope to see you in class some day soon! Jacqueline x